OUTSTANDING YOUNG INVESTIGATOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
Gabriela Silva Bisson, Brazil
YOUNG INVESTIGATOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
Tine De Ryck, Belgium
Joanne Bowen, Australia
Lorella Ciutto, Canada
Dimitra Galiti, Greece
Erin Wong, Canada
Karrie Wong, Canada
Maria Tavakoli-Ardakani, Iran
Divyesh Kumar, India
Andrey Akopov, Russia
Surendra Chaudhary, India
Csaba Degi, Romania
Karthikeyan Guru, India
Muhammad Hoque, South Africa
Galina Kuznecova, Latvia
Sergejs Kuznecovs, Latvia
Sandip Mukhopadhyay, India
Stephen Samuel, India
John Weru, Kenya
Young Investigator of the Year Awards
The 10 awards for outstanding abstracts submitted by Young Investigators will be
announced during the MASCC/ISOO 2014 International Symposium on Supportive Care
in Cancer, Miami, Florida.
The top candidate is chosen to receive the OUTSTANDING
YOUNG INVESTIGATOR OF THE YEAR AWARD and in addition to
presenting a Poster, will be asked to give an Oral Presentation at the
Symposium in the Session that correlates with his/her subject area.
The Award consists of:
- Free registration;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses up to an amount determined by the MASCC Executive Board, (Award is per person and upon receiving copies of receipt of payment. Reimbursement will be made on-site in cash or after the Symposia by bank transfer)
A limited number of travel scholarships will be awarded to applicants from
developing countries who met identified criteria at the discretion of the MASCC
2014 Awards Committee to attend the 2014 International
Awardees will be selected by the Award
Committee. The travel grant consists of a special package to attend the
Symposium, and will be granted to selected applicants who fulfill the following
- Work and live in a country of "limited resources".
- Be an oncology health care professional: physician, nurse, social worker,
pharmacist, dentist, dental hygienist, psychologist or other.
- Have a professional focus of supportive cancer care.
- Sign an honor that he/she will not be able to attend the Symposium without
benefit of a travel scholarship.
The Scholarship consists of:
- Free registration;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses up to an amount limit after suggestion of
the Award Committee per person upon receiving copies of receipt of payment.
Reimbursement will be made on-site in cash or after the Symposia by bank
"Applications are now closed"